How does a doorbell camera work in Boulder?
Daily home deliveries have become commonplace for countless people due to the rise of online shopping. You enjoy the benefit of having items delivered in front of your door, but there is a drawback. Those boxes on your doorstep are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a significant problem, but you have the chance to do something about it by getting a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These devices are great tools to deter opportunistic thieves, but they do significantly more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll be an essential aspect of your smart home.
Perks of a Boulder video doorbell
Found in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you a great number of advanced features, and the technology continues to improve. You can now customize detection zones, talk to people on your porch, and obtain immediate notifications whenever something is delivered.
The simplest way to understand how a Boulder video doorbell camera works is to look at the various benefits it gives you. Think about these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You aren’t able to find this on each model, but there are some smart video doorbells that take an active role in deterring crime with audible and visual warnings. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know somebody is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You deserve to see the total picture, and that should include the faces of people at your entry and boxes on the walkway below. Options with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision give you a complete perspective.
- High-resolution footage no matter the hour: If you don’t have pictures and video you can see clearly, what’s the use of using a doorbell camera? The best models will provide incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to be informed when a package arrives? You are able to enjoy immediate updates from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between individuals and deliveries.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is a person lingering at your front door? Reciprocal audio gives you the chance to ask their purpose for being there. You could even take advantage of this handy feature to deter people hanging around your porch.
- Avoid false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to set up your own detection zones. Restricting the space to be monitored will let you minimize false alarms caused by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Instant access to video: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home gives you the option to view live and saved video right from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like you’ve never been before, as you may access them from the palm of your hand, no matter where you are. They’ll notify you when someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s happening, and even permit you to speak with whoever’s at your door. These components have become must-haves in terms of safety and convenience.
Ask for a doorbell camera with your Boulder smart home
Take a stand against porch piracy and get a clear view of what’s transpiring in front of your door day and night with a Boulder doorbell camera. Vivint’s advanced models provide all the sought-after features, like active theft protection, ultra-wide viewing, and package updates. Contact
(720) 807-9203 today to begin customizing your smart home.