Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Boulder smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home security system as it incorporates your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a single united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in complete command of your Boulder home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it can benefit you and find recommendations to get you started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Boulder?
Wirelessly connecting to sensors and other implements via radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You may arm or disarm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you can even speak to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and cellular capability for enhanced reliability. It also offers convenient remote operation via the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s a sample of the functions you can perform:
- Check real-time or saved video from your integrated security cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Boulder by setting schedules or initiating rules. For example, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock if the smoke alarm triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just follow these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will remain in your house and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is swipe down on the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will display a warning if the system isn’t ready to arm. For instance, an open window or door will cue you to act. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm the system by using the steps above. You will then confirm you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Boulder
Even though various users can be set up during the initial installation, you will likely want to add an additional user in the future. Here’s how to do it.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote capability, choose email or phone and enter the details to send an request.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, simply go to the menu, tap users, choose the user you want to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s automation and security via an intuitive touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Boulder security system. Dial (720) 807-9203 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.